How to rank on Google Search in 2021
If you’re reading this article, chances are you have a business or are about to start a business, and you recognise the importance of a strong digital presence. In 2021, ranking on the most popular online search engine, Google, is a key important factor for any business seeking growth. As the Top Digital Marketing Agency in Singapore, Absolute Digital is committed to helping businesses connect with their customers online.
We’ve written a simple guide on how you can reach more customers online by gaining more visibility online with Google Search.
- Google Search Engine Optimisation (SEO)
- Google Search Engine Marketing (SEM or Google Ads)
- Google Display Network (GDN)
- Google Smart Shopping
- Landing Pages
- Social Media Marketing
1) Google SEO: The abbreviation SEO stands for Search Engine Optimisation. In short, SEO ranks websites based on the relevancy of the keywords searched on Google. If you’re searching for something online, you’re probably going to use Google. Google has the supermajority market share of the search engines in the world and is currently ahead with well over 75% of market share.
When you type a keyword in Google, based on a unique and proprietary algorithm, the search engine giant will determine which resources (websites or other listings) to bring up according to the relevancy to that keyword. This is the keyword a user will key in when he or she is searching for something. Google will match the results based on the relevancy of this keyword. In essence, the more specific a keyword is, or what we call a long-tail keyword, the fewer results will appear but the higher the relevancy it will be to what you are searching for. The shorter the keywords are, or in other words a short-tail keyword, the more generic results will appear which also tends to be more competitive.
2) Google SEM/Ads: The best digital marketing agencies in Singapore will know the quickest and most effective way to market your business online is using Google Search Engine Marketing (SEM) otherwise known as Pay-Per-Click (PPC) marketing.
This refers to the top 3 or 4 listings on any search results pages and the bottom 3 listings. SEM ads will always have a green icon telling you “Ad” whereas organic listings like Google Search Engine Optimization (SEO) will not have this icon. SEO usually falls in the middle 10 listings of any keyword search and that is how you differentiate the difference between SEO and SEM listings on Google.
Google SEM works through keyword advertising. This means that they will show listings from the most relevant websites when a user searches for a keyword. Google Search Engine Results Page (SERP) caters to an average of 7 listings (on page 1) for every keyword. Therefore, it is important for you to select the keywords that are not only relevant to your business but also has enough search volume on Google before you being strategizing your SEM campaign.
3) Google Display Network: GDN can help you reach people while they’re browsing their favourite websites, showing a friend a YouTube video, checking their Gmail account, or using mobile devices and apps.
You can use GDN to find new customers or engage your existing customers using audiences. Similar audiences and in-market audiences allow you to target people who are most likely to be interested in your products, helping you find new prospective customers.
You can also use data, like remarketing lists, to help you re-engage people who previously visited your site. One way to drive higher conversions using automation. Automated targeting helps you get more conversions by finding high-performing audiences based on your existing audiences and landing page. By automatically optimizing over time, Google Ads can learn which audiences work for you.
4) Google Smart Shopping: Google is constantly evolving its Smart Shopping feature and now with smart learning technology, you can easily set your campaign goal and Google will show your products to the right customers online. Smart Shopping Campaigns will automatically optimize to find customers who are more likely to convert by up to 20% compared to search results.
5) Landing Pages: A Landing Page is a single-page website, also known as a web page, created specifically for an online advertising campaign. This is where the visitor “lands” after they click on a link in an email, or ads from Google, YouTube, Facebook, Instagram.
Unlike websites, which typically has several pages to describe the services, about us, and other goals to encourage exploration, landing pages are designed with a single focus or goal, known as a Call-To-Action (CTA).
This focus makes landing pages the best option for increasing the conversion rates of your marketing campaigns and lowering your cost of acquiring a lead/sale. A landing page typically fits into an online sales funnel where the visitor is being directed to take specific actions, depending on the objectives of that campaign. For instance, if the goal is lead generation, visitors will be prompt on various occasions to fill in their particulars to get a special deal or something similar to incentivise them to take that desired action.
6. Social Media Marketing: Social Media Marketing is the use of social media mediums to connect with your target audience so that your business can build your brand, increase sales, and engage with your potential clients.
Social media platforms allow businesses to target potential customers 9X more efficiently by using the user’s detailed demographic data such as; Age, Gender, Occupation, Marital status, Interests, Friends Interest, Past Education, Most Frequently Visited Locations, and many more…
By understanding who your audience is, we can better strategise our campaign efforts to connect with your target audience. Using relevant, persuasive ad designs and curated content, Online Marketing has proven to be a lot more effective than any other mediums!
Now that you have a better understanding of the platforms you can market your business online with, let’s discuss which one(s) should you be investing your time and resources in, and how you can effectively advertise online with them.
Here are the most suitable platforms for digital marketing in 2021…
- For Start-ups: Focus on conversion campaigns such as Google Ads to bring immediate results. Increase conversion rates by creating specific landing pages.
- For Small and Medium Enterprises (SMEs): Focus on increasing your reach while maintaining your conversion campaigns. It is recommended to run and SEM/Google Ads campaign alongside an SEO campaign for your brand. Depending on your business model, social media marketing may aid your goals to increase reach.
- For Corporations: Focus on brand awareness and increase channels of digital marketing with GDN, remarketing and retargeting campaigns to engage with current and past clients. Also, keep social media accounts active and use them as a tool to receive feedback from clients.
We sincerely hope you find these articles valuable to your business and if it has helped you in understanding how businesses marketing their brand online, please let us know in the comment section and leave us a like below. If you’d like to find read more articles just like this, you can check out our free resources page here.
Thank you for your time we hope you’ve enjoyed this article. To contact a top digital marketing expert, you may reach out to us at email@example.com or +65 9662 1919.
Suggested keywords: digital marketing, digital marketing agency, digital marketing agency singapore, seo agency, google seo agency, seo marketing, singapore seo, singapore seo agency, singapore sem, singapore digital marketing, singapore digital marketing agency, google seo, Absolute Digital.