How to set up a Facebook Ads Account? by Certified Digital Marketing Agency, Absolute Digital
Facebook Business or Business Manager allows advertisers to manage their marketing efforts in one place and share access to assets across their team, partner agencies and vendors. With this tool, you can:
- Create and manage multiple assets such as a Facebook Page, Instagram account, audience list or product catalogue, all in one place.
- Control user access and permissions for everyone who works on your ad accounts, Pages and apps, and maintain ownership of all your assets.
- Track your ads on Facebook and Instagram more efficiently with easy overviews and detailed views of your ad spending and impressions.
To create an account, simply:
- Go to business.facebook.com/create and select “Create Account”.
- Enter your name and confirm your identity with Facebook login credentials.
- Follow the prompts to create your business account.
Facebook Business Manager Terms and Definitions
While using Facebook Business Manager, you might come across some unfamiliar terms. Here are the most common terms used and what they mean:
Pages Pages are assets controlled by the business they represent. Pages can only be claimed by one Business Manager, but they can have multiple Partners or individual accounts that access, post and buy ads. This also applies to Instagram accounts and apps.
Ad accounts Ad accounts allow businesses to purchase advertising on connected Pages or apps. Every ad account should have an associated payment method and an authorised person who can purchase ads based on that account. Ad accounts should be owned by the Business Manager of the party managing invoices. However, ad accounts can be shared with any business so that they can run ads or perform analytics on behalf of your business.
Apps Apps can be claimed and owned within Business Manager and shared with Business Manager partners who can manage the app settings. Business Manager app IDs help admins identify people who download any of their organisation’s apps. An app in Business Manager can also be connected to one or more ad accounts.
Pixels Each Business Manager can create up to five pixels, which can be shared with Business Manager partners. If someone else is managing your ads for you, you can assign them partnership to the pixel by selecting “Assign partner” and entering their business ID.
Audiences Shared audiences allow other people to access the audiences you’ve created for your ads. You can bulk-share Custom and Lookalike Audiences between ad accounts and/or media agencies if both the sharer and recipient are tied to a Business Manager.
- Go to Business Settings in Business Manager.
- Select your business.
- Click Data Sources.
- Select Pixels.
- Click the + Add button.
- Type in a name for your pixel.
- Optional: Enter your website URL.
- Click Continue.
- To install your pixel on your website, click Set up the Pixel Now. If you’d like to stay in Business Manager, click Continue Managing My Business.
Once you have set up your Facebook Pixel, you can now create an Ad Campaign.
Facebook Ad Campaign
To create a campaign:
- Create a campaign in Ads Manager. Check that you’re in the Guided Creation workflow. If you’re not, click Switch to Guided Creation in the top-left corner of the page.
- Select the Reach objective.
- Enter your Campaign Name and click Continue.
- Set your Audience. To use location targeting, enter your business address to the right of Include. Adjust the radius around the location with the slider. Choose an option from the dropdown menu to include or exclude people who live in or are visiting that area.
- Select Add Locations in Bulk if you have multiple stores and don’t want to enter a long list of addresses. You can also use the store traffic objective.
- Enter any Detailed Targeting you want.
- Choose your Placements. If you select Automatic Placements (Recommended), we optimize your ad delivery across Facebook, Instagram and Audience Network (video only). You can also select Edit Placements to choose your own.
- Set your Budget and Schedule. We’ll run your ad all the time during your campaign by default. If you want to run your ads on a different schedule, select Lifetime Budget from the dropdown menu to the right of Budget. Then set your Schedule.
- Select Show Advanced Options to set Optimization for Ad Delivery. Choose Reach from the dropdown menu to show your ads to the maximum number of people. Choose Impressions to show your ads to people as many times as possible.
- Set your Frequency Cap to limit how many times you want your ad to be shown to the same person and how often.
- Choose Automatic bidding or set a Manual bid amount if you know how much you’d like to pay per 1,000 impressions.
- Select Continue.
- Select your format. Choose from image and video ads, carousel ads and slideshow ads. You can also add an Instant Experience.
- To add a map card with directions to your business, choose the carousel format. Then go to Images and check the box next to Add map card with your page location.
- Fill in Text, Headline and Destination URL. You can also add a call-to-action button.
- Click Confirm when you’re ready to publish your campaign.
To monitor your ad performance, you can use Facebook’s Ads Manager to see the impressions, reach, and conversions to track your ROI and from there you can pinpoint the areas for improvement to optimize your campaign’s performance.
If you’d like to find out how you can increase your Facebook Ad campaign’s performance, or find out more about digital marketing, you can read these other articles here. Alternatively, you may reach out to us at +65 8892 1290 or drop us an email at email@example.com